+dmg does not speed up pvp

I spend lot of time in PVP reestimating situation after each camera move. With camera centered on opponent fighters you don't see your own very well, and vice versa. For example I sometimes see ppl free line for my archer to shoot wounded fighter. They just don't see my archer in a corner, cause camera is centered somewhere else. Free camera might help here. It allows you to think and plan when opponent is taking time to move.
Also in PVP ppl are cautious about not losing, or not making a mistake, gear doesn't matter at that point. Also very cautious about not letting opponent get first hit. Cause with this dumb dps increase it's possible to one-hit fighters with some luck. But again lessened risk to damage items will not hasten fights, but it might (though unlikely) increase chance of fights happening. In a fight you don't worry about dura anymore, you worry about winning.
I feel that if we want to keep current weapon DPS, there should be some one-hit prevention measure. Like death door mechanics, where any blow can't reduce fighter health below 1%, unless it was below 6% already. 6% here is to prevent 5-turn selfheal reset death door ability.
Decreasing timer in PVP gonna lead to pure brawl fights in 12v12, especially with current DPS level. But how about decreasing timer gradually, the less fighters on the field, the shorter timer? Something like decrease timer by 30% when total number of fighters standing hits 12 (for 12v12), and by 50% with 6 fighters remainning? You really need time to think and make some battle plan at the begin of the fight, reducing timer here gonna kill strategy.

Vorolea
I spend lot of time in PVP reestimating situation after each camera move. With camera centered on opponent fighters you don't see your own very well, and vice versa. For example I sometimes see ppl free line for my archer to shoot wounded fighter. They just don't see my archer in a corner, cause camera is centered somewhere else. Free camera might help here. It allows you to think and plan when opponent is taking time to move.
Also in PVP ppl are cautious about not losing, or not making a mistake, gear doesn't matter at that point. Also very cautious about not letting opponent get first hit. Cause with this dumb dps increase it's possible to one-hit fighters with some luck. But again lessened risk to damage items will not hasten fights, but it might (though unlikely) increase chance of fights happening. In a fight you don't worry about dura anymore, you worry about winning.
I feel that if we want to keep current weapon DPS, there should be some one-hit prevention measure. Like death door mechanics, where any blow can't reduce fighter health below 1%, unless it was below 6% already. 6% here is to prevent 5-turn selfheal reset death door ability.
Decreasing timer in PVP gonna lead to pure brawl fights in 12v12, especially with current DPS level. But how about decreasing timer gradually, the less fighters on the field, the shorter timer? Something like decrease timer by 30% when total number of fighters standing hits 12 (for 12v12), and by 50% with 6 fighters remainning? You really need time to think and make some battle plan at the begin of the fight, reducing timer here gonna kill strategy.

timer decrease thing sounds interesting.

choke points are the key. in a 12 v 12 with 2-3 chokepoints, it's so boring. I said in guild chat if Ozy introduce warriors who can leap over obstacles, I'd field half my team with them. Archer wars get boring real fast.

Maybe healers are the problem, or defense stacking tanks. Both allow games to drag on far too long.
There's no attrition in PVP or PVE unless you allow a fighter to die. But if a fighter doesn't die yet takes a brutal blow, perhaps it should be weakened. I'd suggest adding wounds to the game that reduce stats when suffered. Perhaps give them on critical hits. They represent an unhealable injury that the fighter sustains in battle that reduces his effectiveness in that battle. Hamstrung or maimed warriors aren't much of a threat and die easily.

defence stacking tanks was an easy win before, unless on bottleneck map

Amcilla
So you guys think the major cause of PVP being slow is because people are overtly cautious and slow because they want to protect gear?
So PVP would be faster if the risk was lessened, which would allow people to play more carelessly?

No, because they want to win. You could make it so no one loses anything in PvP and no one gains anything and people would still fight the same way in order to win. That is just human nature.

GMonk
Agreed with Fiore. Less choke points will speed things up a bit IMO.

Been saying this forever...

Vorolea
defence stacking tanks was an easy win before, unless on bottleneck map

I don't believe the ease of winning has anything to do with the length of the match. You may have felt it was a sure thing but tanks backed by healers are still a mountain of hitpoints to chew through. When we attacked HUP and stole the luck relic, beating the guards Stratus had placed wasn't difficult but it was time consuming. Sometimes the match is decided well in advance yet the turns slowly play out to their inevitable conclusion. Much of this has to do with the tank/healer combo as rogues/mages/archers don't exactly exchange hits regularly and survive. Tanks that offer a 60% chance to hit do lengthen the game regardless of how simple the win may be.
I would push for an attrition system to ensure battles END swiftly. The one getting more crits on the opposition is surely the advantaged one deserving of a win.

As many people would know, I already used a fairly defensive setup before the changes.
I have been playing around on the 31st floor of the tower with a few different strategies. The most effective so far is 4 tanks, 4 healers, haste mage and 3 archers. I've gone from having 6 on defense, 5 on offense and 1 on support to 8 on defense, 3 on offense and 1 support. As you can imagine it certainly has not sped up battles.

I am similarly setup to Reonhato. I started with one of each class then added the three golems I received to the mix. The fourth squad has yet to be concrete but I'm fancying most the two healers and extra tank. Which would put me at 6 tanks, 3 healers, and 3 dps (archer, rogue, mage).
Regardless of how high it is, damage does not seem to be the answer to winning battles. Negating the enemy's damage is a far better approach though extremely time consuming.