DPS changes via new weapon types

I kinda assumed assumed DPS was increased to speed up PVP fights. But it seems primary objective was to increase PVE difficulty. Problem is global changes like that have many unforseen consequences, like breaking established and quite good PVP ballance for large scale fights. Why don't make changes gradually?
I suggest introducing new types of weapons that would be exclusive for NPC. This way you can change PVE difficulty without impact on PVP. You can equip officers with some unique weapons with unique effects. For example some armor piercing daggers, that would have increased roll vs heavy armor. Or some damage reflect items. Or staff that restores ability charges to friendlies, other buffs. Or any other crazy weapons exclusive to invasion mobs. More variety with more challenge and no impact on PVP ballance.

I actually dislike that leaders have abilities I don't. Did he just VOLLEY me with a FIRE staff??
It makes it more confusing if we have to learn how to fight against things that don't actually exist for ourselves. If I cannot equip your weapon and get a feel for its weaknesses then I am just running blind on how to exploit it. You can guess all you want but in a game where luck plays a huge part, testing a weapon over the course of hundreds of rolls is the only sure way to get an understanding for its power.

Kyutaru
I actually dislike that leaders have abilities I don't. Did he just VOLLEY me with a FIRE staff??
It makes it more confusing if we have to learn how to fight against things that don't actually exist for ourselves. If I cannot equip your weapon and get a feel for its weaknesses then I am just running blind on how to exploit it. You can guess all you want but in a game where luck plays a huge part, testing a weapon over the course of hundreds of rolls is the only sure way to get an understanding for its power.

Honestly man, if there were no differences then it would be a bit unrealistic and bland. You're fighting monsters, leaders and gods. They should absolutely be able to do things that you can't do, that's what makes them unique and the game interesting.
So, how would you defend against an NPC that has a staff which volleys? And why didn't you look at the NPC before you ran into a situation like that? All the info is available to you so...your error buddy.

Homer

Kyutaru

Honestly man, if there were no differences then it would be a bit unrealistic and bland. You're fighting monsters, leaders and gods. They should absolutely be able to do things that you can't do, that's what makes them unique and the game interesting.
So, how would you defend against an NPC that has a staff which volleys? And why didn't you look at the NPC before you ran into a situation like that? All the info is available to you so...your error buddy.

Three things...
One, all I did was offer my own subjective feedback on the idea. I don't need your trashing my opinion. My error? Dude, I defeat leaders no problem. It merely irks me that they possess characteristics that I don't without any sort of explanation as to what those are until you experience them or manually check each fighter every single battle. It's like seeing a guy holding a greatsword who THROWS HIS SWORD AT YOU! Unintuitive game design happens to be considered a flaw in the industry.
Two, you're arguing about leaders and gods when this suggestion is about normal mobs or at the very least invasion mobs. It's lending the concepts of what leaders already do and extending it further to the rest of the game. Which is WHY I provided my feedback concerning leaders. I would not like to see these unique abilities given to every random mob thrown my way.
Three, you mentioned realism in a fantasy game. Giving certain characters special powers that allow them to break the normal weapon physics is apparently realism to you. Forget the fact that you've fought 700,000 guys with longbows before. We're going to make THIS longbow shoot diagonally. Hope you bothered to check all 12 fighters before beginning the battle.
Please pick your battles. This was not one you had to engage.

When I started this game, I kinda expected some "real" bosses, throwing spectacular fireballs and chainlightnings at player. But this post is not about it. It's about how to change parameters of whole group of monsters without changing their base stats and without changing player items.

Gonna elaborate a little. It seems to me, that DPS changes are made based on a type of a weapon. I think so because melee weapons received much highter dps increase then mage ones. Also dps change affects every weapon of certain type, no matter if it's player or npc one. I might be wrong, but if I'm right... my issue is that blindly increasing dps may provide increased challenge in PVE, but it breaks PVP class ballance. For example if you increase wall shield DPS, at some point pals gonna need only two bashes to kill target, which is way too broken. Cause you hit pal and get counterattacked, next time pal bashes and kills a fighter just like that, this'll turn into pals vs pals staring contest. So I suggest to provide npc and players with different variants of same weapon, that wouldn't be interconnected.
Don't know if it's lot of work to change existing weapon types, but I recall Ozy mention he's gonna introduce new weapon types to fill gaps in existing dps/cd. Just make every new weapon in two variants, let say "kukri" variant for player, "kukri*" for npc, same look same animation, just technical difference. Little effort required and allows to change npc dps without changing pvp ballance (or vice versa) if there ever will be need in it.
Also I see nothing wrong with npc, officers and above receiving unique weapons maybe even with unique effects. Well not to the point that it will make minion fights challanging. Someone was complaining that it'll require checking npc equip before battle, but it's not like anyone right now blindly attacks leaders without checking them beforehand. Yeah, I remember I was checking officers when I started the game.

Kyutaru

Homer

Kyutaru

Three things...
One, all I did was offer my own subjective feedback on the idea. I don't need your trashing my opinion. My error? Dude, I defeat leaders no problem. It merely irks me that they possess characteristics that I don't without any sort of explanation as to what those are until you experience them or manually check each fighter every single battle. It's like seeing a guy holding a greatsword who THROWS HIS SWORD AT YOU! Unintuitive game design happens to be considered a flaw in the industry.
Two, you're arguing about leaders and gods when this suggestion is about normal mobs or at the very least invasion mobs. It's lending the concepts of what leaders already do and extending it further to the rest of the game. Which is WHY I provided my feedback concerning leaders. I would not like to see these unique abilities given to every random mob thrown my way.
Three, you mentioned realism in a fantasy game. Giving certain characters special powers that allow them to break the normal weapon physics is apparently realism to you. Forget the fact that you've fought 700,000 guys with longbows before. We're going to make THIS longbow shoot diagonally. Hope you bothered to check all 12 fighters before beginning the battle.
Please pick your battles. This was not one you had to engage.

Sorry kiddo, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just sayin'...you could of avoided a surprise by doing your homework :)

Kyutaru
It merely irks me that they possess characteristics that I don't without any sort of explanation...

Nobody has ever complained that they don't have ascension, guild, relic, and win streak bonuses!
They don't pick the optimal gear and just wear whatever random crap which gets assigned. They also behave in a predictable way that lets you game them.
All of that aside... Almost every game in history has enemies with different skills and abilities than the player. I'm not exactly blazing a new trail here. This is like being upset because Super Mario's Bowser could throw fireballs, jump twice as high, and didn't have to eat mushrooms too.
It's supposed to be a puzzle. The challenge is greater because it has different rules from standard gameplay.

Homer
Sorry kiddo, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just sayin'...you could of avoided a surprise by doing your homework :)

I strongly disagree considering you're referring to a 32-year-old with the disrespectful term "kiddo". Quit being a dick and reread point #1.

Ozymandias
It's supposed to be a puzzle. The challenge is greater because it has different rules from standard gameplay.

Which is fine for rare occurrences like Leaders or Dieties. This as Vorolea elaborates is a thread supporting dolling out those skills more commonly. Wasn't the purpose of having weapons of varying types visible on the models themselves to quickly at a glance assess the capacity of the enemies? Knowing their armor and weapons is not enough with the proposed changes. We now have to learn their uniqueness which may differ from other groups of the same enemies. If you had some way of presenting this information in an easily accessible or visual manner then there would be no problem. Plant monsters are weak to fire. Understood. But manually clicking on 12 minions every battle to see what unique and crazy variant weapon they possess is happens to be more hassle than the game is worth. You liken it to enemies in other games. In other games, every single Vampire Knight is identical to every other Vampire Knight. When they differ in stats or equipment they are renamed to Vampire Crusader. A commonality exists among similar enemies in Final Fantasy games to the point that you do NOT have to check the stats of every enemy you encounter.

That's like saying, everyone, let's play checkers, cause chess rules are too hard. If you think about it, chess rules might be more complex then rules in this game. Chess also have five fighter classes and the king, all with their special moves and combos... HoD might seem like a more complex game, but that's hugely due to the random element, aka rolls, that chess don't have. From the point of view of rules complexity chess might be the winner. Honestly, there's plenty room before game starts to be confusing.