New Archer Ability

Hello everyone,

since currently archers dont have any special ability, i think adding a "aimed shot" ability would be great. When you shot an "aimed shot" you increase the aim in that turn but that would cost more units of time. The ability would be used three times (like blinks and shadowsteps). Ok guys, if you liked this idea, please thumbs up, if you have a new idea leave your comment. Thx all in advance.

Good idea. Archer, healer and paladin need an active ability. Although, speaking about archer one, i'd rather call it trueshot, and just make this shot ignore point-blank and volley penalty instead. Because, for example, adding aim to clear shots (which already can exceed 120%) could result tremendous amounts of dmg for a single atk. I can predict 2k+ shots with greatbow.

Does no one do the tutorial?
Archer has 2 special abilities. They can move through allies, they also have the volley skill that allows them to volley with ranged weapons that do not have the volley skill attached, which is a lot of them.

I think i clearly told it in my post, but let me repeat it: Archer, healer and paladin need an active ability

What do you mean archers "need" active ability? No, they don't. Rogues, mages and wars need their abilities cause otherwise they are just useless. Archers are already very strong. Suggested "aimed shot" will make archers OP, cause everyone will run five greatbow archers in 12v12, that will one-hit pretty much two enemy fighters from the start. Also with archers that strong no flanking would be possible. You can say, archers already have very strong passive ability, they shoot for increased damage if they have free line of sight. So if you want damage increasing active ability, base dps of archers should be reduced as compensation.

Vorolea
What do you mean archers "need" active ability? No, they don't. Rogues, mages and wars need their abilities cause otherwise they are just useless. Archers are already very strong. Suggested "aimed shot" will make archers OP, cause everyone will run five greatbow archers in 12v12, that will one-hit pretty much two enemy fighters from the start. Also with archers that strong no flanking would be possible. You can say, archers already have very strong passive ability, they shoot for increased damage if they have free line of sight. So if you want damage increasing active ability, base dps of archers should be reduced as compensation.

Agreed. The way archers are right now, you just put a hero which can tank anything in front and line those archers up behind him and it's good game. Archers are super OP as they are right now especially if you add a haste mage into the mix. It's like bringing a sword to a machine gun fight.
Don't get me wrong I take full advantage of this but still, they don't need an active ability the way they are right now.
I would propose adding an extra negative to the volley shots. That way the archers have to come out and play if they wanna output any real consistent damage. Maybe -50?

Whether you want it or not, Ozy already announced that he will be giving every class an active ability. Including Hero. It's all on the To Do list.