Guild Hall Defense

So I bring this up again. In my opinion we need more in guild halls than just guards. It is easy for 1 person to raid an entire guild if either of these two options apply:

1) they are very good and most other human players can not beat them
2) there are no human defenders online as long as the human attacker is breathing

In either of these scenarios do we want a game where one or two people can take down an entire base fairly easily.

I would still like to see an AI guard implemented that each guild can equip and make better. It starts off as an officer and is always at the door to your guild hall. As you rank it up or craft it up or whatever you can eventually make it a diety (this should take a very long time). While it's an officer you can guard 2 human squads with it, when it's a leader you can only put one human squad with it and the other you start to build a minion squad, but once it's a diety you build new guard minions to fight with it and no human squads. Once it's a diety the AI controls the fight. Something like this?

Just an idea...

This sounds like a PVE way to raid guilds actively or a way to prevent guilds from raiding you unless they meet the gear check. Your stated objective: increase the number of people required to raid. Yet a strong deity doesn't do that. Players take out deities every day solo. Reonhato even cleared the Tower. If the deity is strong enough then only someone with fighters and gear like Justin or ibsen can challenge them, again solo.
Merely throwing more chaff in the way of raiders does not prevent them from raiding. It may increase the time it takes to raid. Or if both sides are using AI and have upgraded to 8 squad slots then you can solo raid with two full squads going at once.
In short, I don't see how adding a PVE requirement makes raiding bases more or less cooperative.

First off, I can't spell Deity. I guess I before e except after c rule doesn't apply to Deity.
In response, I just would like to see a door that is harder to get through. What Krazy is doing is smart. Get a level 11 hc squad that is good guarding outside. The problem is the minute a human defender doesn't control it goes down no matter who attacks it.
I do agree that deities are beaten all the time. But I like the idea of leveling up something that makes it harder for a guild to raid another, steal all their stuff, and destroy their pride. Players are lost from the game for these reasons. And btw you said one person beats deities all the time. I can use one example on why anything isn't a good idea. If I can equip a deity how our guild wants I am sure we can think of something that could make it hard for almost anyone to get through. It should not be impossible but just hard. I'm thinking level 20 archer deity type with healer minions etc etc
This isn't about one guild vs another. I am trying to help the game...

One more thing, I am not saying to increase number of people to raid. A few players already have 2-3 alts which then look like more players. I am saying make it a little harder to get in.
I have also heard ideas like keys etc. I just don't know.

You're seeing some of the many reasons that PVP sandbox games generally don't allow you to raid your opponent at all hours of the night. Well, there's EVE but people are more than willing to wake up at 4 am to defend their ships there given the value they have and the cost of defeat.
Shadowbane on the other hand required you to Bane an enemy city before you could attack it. This would announce your intentions to siege them and set the window for the siege. Think of it as a scheduled PVP event initiated by the attacker. The full details are available at the wiki link below.
http://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php/Bane
Other sandbox games have also had windows of opportunity for sieges. Darkfall, ArcheAge, RF Online, Lineage 2, it allows both the attackers and defenders to prepare themselves for the onslaught and engage in a massive battle rather than expecting there to be an equal number of players active at the same times by chance.

That's a good idea. An announcement of incoming hit. That could solve a lot of problems.

Hi Monk,
I agree.
Its been an issue since the start that one person can take down an entire guild, its been mentioned as a flaw many times in forums, by all sides, and it still is.
The game needs incentives to co-op, because as it is it is largely a game for loners, and the PvP is the epitomy of that. I think this is why people are dropping out more quickly than they do in TiB, because people play there to play with others. There's really no need to directly co-op at all in Dire now. Of course we do many guild quests, capture territory in coordination, etc, but each person is just driving on their own 90% of the time.

Siege mechanism. Stops individual players from just running in, gives actual rewards. Doesn't solve the arms race dilema.
Attacking guild selects 3 times from a list, defenders select which time they prefer. Attackers can also select small, large or massive to decide how many battles will be fought.
Each guild gets a war room that opens a portal or something 15 minutes before a siege is active that takes them to a staging area. You then have a spot each player stands his squads to enter them into battle when the time comes.
If the attackers chose small, you have 3 fights, 2 6v6s and a 9v9, if they chose large you have 5 fights, 2 6v6s 2 9v9s and a 12v12, and massive you have 7 fights, a 3 6v6s, 3 9v9s and a 12v12.
You could add restrictions on how many individual players can enter, how many squads each player can have, how many heroes each battle can have or you could just have it a free for all.
Winning side gets loot and guild silvers, losing side gets bonuses shut down for a while, don't collect guild silvers from npc fights or whatever else you can think of.

I like it. Ozy, any possibilities?

Hi,
What do you think of adding an upgradeable room that allows you to own a NPC or monster. As the guild upgrades the room you can train or upgrade the available defender NPC. There would be several NPC to choose from that have specific weakness and or strengths. This would make it so the guild needs to work as a team to get the additional guards.
A different idea is specific raiding times or bonus events. Rough concept is everyweekend you can raid Guilds but outside of those hours, they are locked down. Before you just down vote the idea based on me not being in your guild, think about it. New guilds and new players would have 5 days of 7 with nodes and relics to build their player base, level up and become a team. Then on the war weekends they know to be online or guard / defend.