Lets be frank

Ozy - I'd revitalise co-op, make it worth doing and fun, before trying to fix PvP, which is a trickier job

sargon
I am not sure I am as anti-ascension as Mid, but we all have to accept that the game needs some fixes if it is to prosper.
I think the major reason people drop off is the lack of co-op. I've raised this many times in the past, and Kyutaru raises it again in this thread. Adding multi-player bonus gave it a boost, but then was rapidly followed by the ability to remotely drive other players' fighters while still getting that bonus. So who is going to waste people's time and play less efficiently when one person can drive everything? Co-op, which was quite a big aspect for a while, has completely left the game due to remote driving, and made it more of a loner's game than ever.
I would propose that co-op xp bonus is only activated when the squads are not being drive remotely, i.e. are actually being driven by another human. I would also make it bigger, say up to 150% for 4 squads, each human-driven, fighting together.
Re: PvP. Yes, why fight for 2hr for a few skulls when you could be PvEing and losing guild perks for an hour or so is no big deal? In TiB, if you're PvPing for a few hr and you're on the winning/drawing side the cps are worth far more than the equivalent time spent farming, here its the other way round.
And still we have the issue, always being raised, that one person can completely dominate PvP, even if ten slightly-worse (in gear, skill) people have organised themselves and lined up against him. If (s)he has the time, they walk through a guild hall killing defenders one by one. How about in GH PvP each account can only drive one squad (or maybe two)? That way if you want to hit a defending three-squad, you need to get three humans together, and if the defenders want to remote drive them you need three defenders (otherwise e.g. one would be human and two AI).
My only concern with this last idea is the fact that it could cause people to create alts and use different accounts even though it's just them.

]

sargon

I think the major reason people drop off is the lack of co-op. I've raised this many times in the past, and Kyutaru raises it again in this thread. Adding multi-player bonus gave it a boost, but then was rapidly followed by the ability to remotely drive other players' fighters while still getting that bonus. So who is going to waste people's time and play less efficiently when one person can drive everything? Co-op, which was quite a big aspect for a while, has completely left the game due to remote driving, and made it more of a loner's game than ever.

would it be possible to only allow remote driving only for guild hall defense?

I really like the friendly control system, particularly if a team member disconnects mid-fight.
I agree we could significantly improve co-op play. The game was designed more with solo players in mind as that was a complaint in The Infinite Black, but it does take away from the multi-player fun.
What would you guys like to see? Keep in mind it needs to not benefit someone using alt accounts more than actual multi-player.

How about single fight quests that call for 3 or 4 different player squads? Go kill this diety with friends or guild mates get x?most people run 2 accounts so your likely to get at least 2 actual players involved.

-- one can have 4+ squads in playfield same time.. that ability alone reduce lot of need to CO.
-- maps are small for really huge battles like 12v12. then again gameplay was made slow for big battles.
-- i remember u once sayd your goal were real time battles that would speed battles a lot and gives more changes for CO.
. But i dont believe that newer gonna happen.
You could add special deity fights where you force CO by demanding 3 different account to take part of the fight.= 9v9
might replace all deytys this. make them walk alone but unable to fight them without 3 players in same sector.
if u do that to leaders too maybe 2 player only demanded, then game start feel the CO. because of those quests.
you could also add dayly achievent/task of taking part of multiplayer battle.
guild halls also could have the WALL, wich needed to brake before enter, and that would go down by MANY players taking part of doing it. Thats slow alone and open for attack. Inside of GH mihgt have one similar block as well to protect vault.

Ozymandias

What would you guys like to see? Keep in mind it needs to not benefit someone using alt accounts more than actual multi-player.

Identifying a genuine player is near impossible from the dev side. The side which has more knowledge of the REAL player is the community itself. Id suggest a new multiplayer reputation mechanic. Each player gets to upvote/downvote once on the target persons account, when the negative count reaches above a particular level that account won't earn any multiplayer bonus if they co-op with another player also having a high negative rep. from the battle.
For eg. 4vs4 battle against npc squad.
pl.1 high neg rep.--no mp bonus
pl.2 high neg rep.--no mp bonus
pl.3 no neg rep.-- gets mp bonus
pl.4 high neg rep.-- no mp bonus.
2vs2 against npc.
pl.1 high neg rep.-- gets mp bonus.
pl.2 no neg rep.-- gets mp bonus.
I bet you see the difference here with the second case, a multi account player assisting others with good rep for a difficult fight like deity won't get his mp bonus snatched, thereby rewarding a true co-op.
Now, when an alt player having neg reputation on his accounts decides to dump his alts to genuine co-op, he has the option to use the reset option available once at the start of the month only to those having their rating above the threshold, upon usage it does a server wide broadcast after which the community gets another chance to vote on him based upon the merits of that player. I couldnt think of a more better way than this, but it can be fine tuned.

Kiljaeden

Identifying a genuine player is near impossible from the dev side. The side which has more knowledge of the REAL player is the community itself. Id suggest a new multiplayer reputation mechanic. Each player gets to upvote/downvote once on the target persons account, when the negative count reaches above a particular level that account won't earn any multiplayer bonus if they co-op with another player also having a high negative rep. from the battle.
For eg. 4vs4 battle against npc squad.
pl.1 high neg rep.--no mp bonus
pl.2 high neg rep.--no mp bonus
pl.3 no neg rep.-- gets mp bonus
pl.4 high neg rep.-- no mp bonus.
2vs2 against npc.
pl.1 high neg rep.-- gets mp bonus.
pl.2 no neg rep.-- gets mp bonus.
I bet you see the difference here with the second case, a multi account player assisting others with good rep for a difficult fight like deity won't get his mp bonus snatched, thereby rewarding a true co-op.
Now, when an alt player having neg reputation on his accounts decides to dump his alts to genuine co-op, he has the option to use the reset option available once at the start of the month only to those having their rating above the threshold, upon usage it does a server wide broadcast after which the community gets another chance to vote on him based upon the merits of that player. I couldnt think of a more better way than this, but it can be fine tuned.

ummm. how about no.
make 10 alt accounts. vote down enemy. repeat

Xariol

ummm. how about no.
make 10 alt accounts. vote down enemy. repeat

Nice, thats a valuable input, but not much troublesome as i guess there is a solution to this.
"Only members of a guild lvl.10 and above can rep. others and the votes you have cast will be revoked/cancelled when you leave the guild", sounds simple doesnt it.?
Well if someone wants to go ahead creating guilds, upgrading them to level 10+, creating alts and using them just to downvote a person intentionally then thats their headache. However they try they'll fail, remember your guild can vote on you too. Thats the reason i mentioned u will be penalised when negative count reaches high, not like -1 or -10. something at the order of -30 to -40.

Kiljaeden

Nice, thats a valuable input, but not much troublesome as i guess there is a solution to this.
"Only members of a guild lvl.10 and above can rep. others and the votes you have cast will be revoked/cancelled when you leave the guild", sounds simple doesnt it.?
Well if someone wants to go ahead creating guilds, upgrading them to level 10+, creating alts and using them just to downvote a person intentionally then thats their headache. However they try they'll fail, remember your guild can vote on you too. Thats the reason i mentioned u will be penalised when negative count reaches high, not like -1 or -10. something at the order of -30 to -40.

Repup kiljae :)