Lets be frank

Kiljaeden

Nice, thats a valuable input, but not much troublesome as i guess there is a solution to this.
"Only members of a guild lvl.10 and above can rep. others and the votes you have cast will be revoked/cancelled when you leave the guild", sounds simple doesnt it.?
Well if someone wants to go ahead creating guilds, upgrading them to level 10+, creating alts and using them just to downvote a person intentionally then thats their headache. However they try they'll fail, remember your guild can vote on you too. Thats the reason i mentioned u will be penalised when negative count reaches high, not like -1 or -10. something at the order of -30 to -40.

Gotcha. So HUP's xp gain will only be nerfed when both Krazy and Kish unite to downvote them. The odds of two guilds ever working together are slim.
<_<

It would end up just being used as a griefing tool

can we have ascend limited to 5 times (10 way too much) but also the option to buy rank up potions for fighters with skulls? those that want to pve and grind can, but those that want to pvp can stay 20 and use potions for rank ups. (each rank up costing progressively more skulls)

First up, what I am proposing would not benefit me, in fact it would nerf me. As nearly everyone in the game knows, I have alt accounts, and I use them sometimes for solo questing. I think I should lose multi-player bonus for this. I know its hard to detect multi-boxing 100% reliably, but I'll bet mine would be easy to find since I'm always going through the same router,and I'll bet most multi-boxers are. It worked in TiB, where the multi-box nerf clearly kicked in when I had 4 accs running. Perhaps people will be bothered to VPN to dodge this, I don't know. Could have an honesty system, where game sometimes asks you to tick box confirming your team is not multi-boxing... and if Mods every find the contrary you could be punished... (possibly this is far fetched for now..).
Anyway, here's the meat; I would propose this to get co-op going:
1. Multi-account PvE is allowed but gets no xp or loot bonus
2. Genuine (as far as can be discerned) multi-player co-op PvE gets a big bonus, perhaps an extra 20% xp and one drop *per player* joining. So four people playing together is really worth it (160% + 3 extra drops).
3. PvP is thornier, but I think that just doing [1.] and [2.] above would make game more interesting. My proposals for PvP would be something like:
- world map PvP: no restrictions - rarely happens but if you want to PvP 12v12 you can
- Guild hall: attackers only two squads per IP (or whatever the unique indicator is). Perhaps if numbers grew this could drop to one per.
: defenders.. perhaps still allow one defender to control all defence squads? perhaps only two, still, and the other two go AI. not sure.

To bring co-op back, both the ip/rep might take time to implement. A quick solution is to only give co-op bonus when all players are actually controlling their fighters. If one player is playing throughout the battle, there is no loot or xp bonus.

Yes, that's a decent interim suggestion Fiore. Octopi can still game the system but most of us can't/won't.