The last days of Rome

Well, I think the game is close to being up for me, and I may well be the longest-serving player left; I don't see anything happening. All I see is people capturing territory and crafting, to then watch even better items than they can craft being sold to the biggest ks backer (every time more or less) on the market by the dungeon master account. Because of the combined effects of crafting and the market very few quests are ever worth doing (as in most days, none), and none are a challenge. Amcilla sometimes bumps up the quest rewards but that's not making them any more challenging and then in any case we all jump on them and do them instantly so the next day(s) its back to the status quo. So PvE has nothing left to offer (I can't imagine it would be much coding just to make some really hard guild quests with multiple deities for cool prizes, but I guess the boat has sailed). People try to get vendettas going but there is essentially no PvP. As I have noted in several previous posts, there is no genuine reason to co-op at all, so almost no-one does it. No-one really believes any more that there will be any more updates. I decided to hit the tower, finally, and killed the level 25 leader on the way to getting to design the lev 32 floor and have my name carved forever in the pixels of the wiki page, but then rstln told me he'd already got there and it wasn't happening.. the tower just stops.

I like the game enough that if there were content updates I'd probably stay, but I get that its not making any money and you have to focus on the one that might. Its both sad and encouraging that each week new players still come to the game, but its almost impossible to sincerely motivate them anymore.

Good luck with TiB2, I might give it a try when its out next year.

I was coming to the forums to write a similar thing. It's beyond boring now. I get that development is stretched thin, but there has been ZERO updates, ZERO changes. There haven't even been any pseudo-promises to keep us on the hook. Just emptiness. So much so that many have been actively looking for another game to play.
There are 3 main guilds and one of them can't keep enough players to complete one of these Amcilla-bumped quests, currently sitting with 70 hours left and only the Deity and 30-some minions done. That's absurd.
Sargon is player #35, Fiore is #68, I'm #72 and we all sit in the top of many leader boards, i.e. have invested significant time in this game, and I for one am looking for another game to occupy my time. It says something about Dire that I haven't actually found something better yet but I do have a game in closed alpha that I've been playing: https://www.survivedby.com/ is slowly taking my Dire time. Read into that what you will.

This makes me sad. I really like Dire. However I cannot deny the truths of the above posts. We all understand that you're focused on tibx. You have a good game here and it is really starting feel like its been left to die.

Ozy and crew, I understand coding can be a real bitch and adding a real user group adds to the burden, but I do agree with the above posts. Show us some love. What do you have right now in the Tibx section that you can engineer into dire. I play this game Daily as slyvest and run the quests often and it makes the day go fast, but as the as they are saying it’s starting to get a bit stale,
What could you add to the game play that you have on the shelf, even to bounce it around for a couple of weeks and try it. Doing something to kick up the spice for us.
You have good bones here and a user group that will continue to play if you can keep building on what you have
Trev

TIB players were saying the exact same things the entire time I worked on Dire.
I demonstrably did not abandon or stop working on TIB, despite everyone saying I did. I do not ever abandon any of my games.
This is the limitation of a small indie developer -- I'm one guy. I only have so many hours in a day, and can only focus on one project at a time.
I work in cycles, and it's currently the TIB cycle.
That said, I'm planning on doing some Dire work in the near future based on the most requested features, and have many pending updates already done that need to be published with a new build.

Yet somehow you found time to take away the one mechanic that was helping us defend and gave new players some shorter term goals to work towards?
It's confusing. You keep saying you don't have time for dire right now. But you found time to change one thing that completely dicked over smaller guilds, making it even harder to recruit and retain new players.
Very confusing