Alts

I know this is a very unpopular opinion, granted most, if not all of the established players do have 1 or more alts, but why is it allowed?
Every time, a few minutes before the Dungeon Master prize is about to be granted to a random player, people log in with their alts and it is not a rare event that one of those alts gets it. The same goes for the Multiplayer Bonus; players have 1 squad of their alt account follow their main account's squads to receive extra loot and experience. Is that really intended?

Naturally, you could argue that I have the freedom to make some alt accounts as well to increase my chances for the DM prize and also receive the multiplayer bonus. Though then I would also decrease the chances of those who do not have alt accounts and try to play the game like in most other games with just 1 account. It wouldn't be fair in my opinion, in fact it'd feel like cheating.

There are people with full inventories of transmute fighter pots, which ultimately equals wealth, because they aren't bound and quite a few sell for a lot. As a side effect those wealthy players can dominate the market and buy whatever they desire, outbidding players who farm their silvers by doing quests or selling the occasional good piece of loot which they won't use. Furthermore this wealth also translates to overall strength, which is a very unfortunate factor in a pvp-centered game.

If you take a closer look at the negative steam reviews you will also notice that the "random" distribution of those transmute fighter pots among the overall gap of experience and wealth has turned players away from this game.

Well, I do realize that dire does not have dev-priority right now, but I felt the need to at least share my thoughts anyway.

We've already addressed this issue in the past. Your concern has already been raised, and dealt with. You might want to reference Ozymandias's older posts.
The server checks for alternate and linked accounts, then excludes excess ones from the drawings.
Logging-in alt accounts does not help you win Transmute prizes.
e.g. if you have 5 accounts logged in, the server says "Oh, this guy has 5 accounts...which one gets entered for the contest?" and then picks one at random.

Thanks for your reply, but why isn't the program that determines whether an account is linked also used to prevent getting a Multiplayer Bonus for just one player with 2 or more accounts?

magicshisha
Thanks for your reply, but why isn't the program that determines whether an account is linked also used to prevent getting a Multiplayer Bonus for just one player with 2 or more accounts?

co-op bonus should only be given out when multiple players actually controlled their own fighters, for like xx% of the battle. This will encourage more co-op.

fiore

co-op bonus should only be given out when multiple players actually controlled their own fighters, for like xx% of the battle. This will encourage more co-op.

might just encourage people to connect from more than one ip address to get the bonus. always a workaround.

It might encourage 5 players to use the workaround, but they put in extra efforts than now. I am more willing to see it encourage 30 other players to actually co-op. How frequently does 4-players co-op happen these days? It is incredibly fun.

I got about 7 alts and ask me how many dm prizes i logged for and didn't win. It was quite a few. Lol. And as for the multiplayer bonus I have multiple ips to log from so yeah...