Dire BR/Extra PVP Mode

Besides the current PVP mode, can we have some extra PVP modes. I know TibX will take months to finish, these are for when devs have time :)
- Training PVP: friends PVP each other to test out builds. There is no skull rewarded, nor gear dura loss.
- Allow more than 2 players to PVP against each other, like when Dire first came out, 3 plays could PVP together even include npc squad.
- BR mode: players PVP with the system generated gears, healing potions, skill trinkets that can be found on a map.
- Squad downsize: if by design there can not have too many fighters in same battle, reduce squad size to 1 or 2, more players in same battle can be more fun.
- Limited healing mode: limit heal to a certain amount of total hp or times. No more stalling, spam heal, 2 hours life killing battles. This is for those who want to quickly jump in and play aggressively.

Training PVP sounds useful for when new players actually show up someday again (he prays)
BR mode sounds like what we tried to do when we wanted to fight each other for fun in fight club with system generated gear, but can't attack in grey gear. This mode would be fun.
The healing needs its own thread or this will degenerate into a shit post. But, to be sure, healing needs fixing. Heal items' effectiveness should be reduced to about 25% on non-healers except hero. PVP is the exact opposite of what ozy wanted, even worse than when he stopped logging in. Everyone avoids pvp now because the healing is so awful and boring and awful.
And boring.

I love Battle Royale style games and would be very inclined to create one for Dire.
We had a meeting last night about HOD and Megaweapon has started working on the update. I don't want to make any promises, but we're going to attempt to fix the problems with PvP and add some new mechanics.
I'll have more details as work happens. I'm going to start writing a daily blog about what's going on behind the scenes.

Thanks for the exciting updates. The blog is a very cool idea. Well done.

These are my top requests, mentioned on and off already several times over the past year.
Major items:
Like everyone I want PvP to be sped up. If someone with a defensive mindset (i.e. everyone) comes to your hall with 4 squads you know you are looking at TWO HOURS of very boring heal-based fighting. I liked the original idea of destroying the walls, that could help, but the main issue right now is over-healing (on all sides, no blame here). Rogues end up being the best healers in the game, which is just ass about face, as they say up north. There are obvious quick fixes like switching off all non0-healer healing in PvP, but somehow that feels a bit clunky to me; maybe you can think of something more subtle. As a general speed up, and for some fun, why not have tough npcs (officers?) spawn every few minutes on the map after some time threshold (10min?) - shake things up a bit and encourage the side with the advantage at the start to rush in an try and end it before NPCs begin to enter. And/or a shrinking map. And/or a spreading pool of damaging acid. Etc.
Give genuinely good reasons to co-op (PvE). Right now co-op is faked 90% of the time, with one human driving 1-4 squads under other players' names. There is no reason not to do this. Nerf co-op when AI is activated on any of the accounts, or conversely give significant bonuses for when genuine human-driven co-op is happening. I know it can be faked by someone with a pc two ipads and a phone, but I'll bet that wouldn't happen that much.
Bring back quirky stuff like three-sided PvP and PvP with NPCs sucked in (see above). You originally canned this because of the exploit potential, but so many other things have been exploited beyond your wildest dreams (see the two paragraphs above) that I don't think this would matter. Or even better find a way to stop it being exploited (make number of NPCs grow to match total number of player fighters?).
Minor items:
Get rid of resource and relic teleport. Make people haul them across the map, this used to generate lot of PvP and co-op. Bring back the ability to destroy relics so that if you can't get em out of a hall you can make them respawn somewhere.
Make a higher tier of genuinely hard quests with cool rewards (sounds like you're going to do that anyway, good)
Find a role in this life for water resource and masonry skill :)
Question though: how is one-off payment a viable financial model? this is just for a cash injection to get other things going?

What the game really needs is Status Effects. Specifically a Poison effect which reduces or eliminates healing...

sargon
Question though: how is one-off payment a viable financial model? this is just for a cash injection to get other things going?

Most players (99.9%) never spend any money at all... Not even $1. There's a lot of people who will never play Free-To-Play games just because they're typically bad.
Also our reviews got bombed by Chinese and Russian bots who are marketing other games, which they can do because it's free to install.
Making it paid will at least generate a little money, which is more than it makes now, even if only sells 1 or 2 copies a day.
There might also be some Steam Marketplace things we can do, letting players buy and sell items on Steam, which gives developer a small cut.

Just a thought.. What if every PvP match was Battle Royale?
The edges of the map would burst into flames after X turns, and creep in 1 tile every few turns to force more aggressive play. Standing in the fire would deal significant damage.
I could eliminate the AI take-over timer since you'd just die if you stalled.

What does it mean, precisely, 'What if every PvP match was Battle Royale'?
Edges moving in etc has been suggested several times, including by me in the post above. But I suspect there is more to the mean of 'BR' which I don't get, having not played one?

Sorry for the confusion, I meant just a collapsing play area.

BTW, some simple tweaks: everyone has figured that digging for a new fighter is just on a clock, people even know exactly when to dig. We know all of the spawn spots for the most sought-after resources, the invasions seem to always spawn in the same places, etc. We know that faced with an equal choice, NPCs always turn left, warriors will always flip you to your back if you're face on, but will leave you if you're side on... etc etc etc. You could change/randomise these things relatively straighforwardly I guess.