Another probably-not-a-bug bug Re: canceling actions

If you are searching/guarding and change your mind, you can't just cancel. You have to select another sector as if you wanted to move and THEN cancel. I actually used moving to cancel for ages until you stopped it, and now that I'm trained not to move to cancel I have to move to click to cancel.

FYI this is not a good feature for people that need to stop what they are doing and move in a hurry, aka HC players and treasure hunters. I'd rather actually see the move-to-cancel re-instated. however, this current way of cancelling seems buggy.

I'll check why moving doesn't cancel these actions anymore.
If you're on desktop you can hit "backspace" or whatever keybind you have set to "Cancel Squad Action".
When searching, is there a time bar in the bottom right with a big X cancel button?

Ozymandias

When searching, is there a time bar in the bottom right with a big X cancel button?

Yes there is but it doesn't do anything.

Should be entirely fixed in today's update.

Verified' thank you ozy!

It is fixed. The cancel button does indeed cancel the action. Thank you!
However, I liked the fact that you couldn't cancel an action by moving. That makes it possible to pre-plan movements during searching. I wasn't keen when you put it in, but I miss it a bit now. Not a huge mess, but if you could put that back in while keeping the function of the cancel button, that would be good.

ಠ_ಠ

Sorry! At first glance it may seem like I'm being fickle, but the only bug was that the cancel button didn't work. If you wanted to cancel an action you couldn't just click the X. You had to 'try' to move and THEN click the X.
I didn't mean that I wanted moving to cancel, I was just trying to say that that's how it currently worked.
That face broke my heart lol