Grappling Cooldown

Okay, I was drifting through the forums, looking for a post on this, but i couldn't find one. So I came to start one.

I have a big gun. Very big. Kracken to be exact. Grapple gun, nice big BANG whenever it goes off, right? Well, when i grapple a ship, im of course going to drag them into the sector i feel to be safer than the one im currently sitting in, and I want them to stay there for a good while whilst my gun reloads. However, right before i can get a second shot off, the grapple cooldown(7-8 seconds if im correct) wears off and the npc in question drifts outta the sector...

Now let's look at my fast gun, rapture. 2.1 reload, no grapple chance on it, right? Well...with the 8 grap chance perk from corps...im grappling pretty often with that gun. More often than with my grapple gun. Yes, i know only appears so because im shooting more often. That's only a partial issue, and one that doesnt need addressing. my issue is, why is the cooldown for a fast guns grapple the exact same as a bfg's grapple? the bfg reloads slower, so why isnt the cooldown longer respectively, similar to stun? because then it seems like putting grapple on a big gun is just weird, as i can put a fast gun on, get more hots off before the grapple cooldown wears off and have a better shot at grappling my target.

If this seems confusing to anyone, i'm still somewhat sleepy from reading most of these forums, so please ask me questions regarding it and gimme some feedback hur.

'Tanks, bye.

Grapple requires a different set up than stun making it easier to use. Stun u want big guns but you can't do that for grapple making u get more gear and giving u more stuff to do.

BF grappling guns just don't seem very useful if you can't get in another shot before cooldown wears out. Sure, you can use a fast gun. But why put grapple on a big gun if it's only gonna be a hassle to try to chase down your opponent every time you just reloaded because cooldown went out first?
Srun and grapple are different, of course. I'm not saying add thing that'll increase the cooldown other than the weapons reload itself.

Is stun bigger on a bfg? I see wat u mean about grap though just not sure of the answer

Your stun is roughly equal to your gun's reload speed plus any stun dura you have. grapple cooldown is the same whether you use a banshee or a kracken. That's my issue here. Little incentive to use a grapple bfg...

Youre also experiencing the fact that npcs cheat and dont actually get a grap cooldown

I could care less about the npcs on this particular thing, I just would lie to see more incentive for a grapple bfg. better to use a fast gun with no grapple plus corps perk than a big one with grapple AND corps perk.

Btw, why did all of us get haircuts? I'm not due for one for another three days...

Grapple doesnt work like that stun does

Thank you Vice Admiral Obvious Lekiffer, we accept your application for the promotion... I don't want stun and grapple to be the same. But you still have not told me why anyone would use a grapple bfg when they could use a fast gun for hooking.