Grappling Cooldown

Cough* Rear Admiral lekiffer, theres no reason other than you want a bfg think of the grp as n added perk

A useless added perk then, considering that the boost in grapple is equal for a bfg and a fast gun.

Basically, who would use a kracken when they could use a banshee...(Banshee is the grapple one right? I'm out of touch)

Banshee grap yes, iv used guns like kraken for just a tickle of grap while still having everything else set standard, might not be worth it but it makes me feel a little safer

I love that none of the devs have commented on this yet. thanks for helping me keep it live lekiffer.

grapple bfg are for hunting plain and simple. if you have a hook stack and your dragging with a stack of bfg...having the extra grapples helps. yes those grapples are slow but with hook stacks constantly moving your guns get out of sync quickly so having a grapple chance coming from every gun along with corp perk for grapple chance is extremely effective..an entire stack using grapple guns of varying speeds allows them to get buy without actually having to waste their special slots equipping hooks leaving them free to equip other necessary specials that will make them more effective
example setup grapple bfg + grapple harvester + grapple hold + beam this setup is pretty effective in stacks or solo...it gives you enough grapple to be consistant with grapples and enough stun to get the 2nd shot if you need it. depending on the lvl of rarity on these items will determine how effective it is
you can also switch the beam out for a deflector...which would allow you to grapple without the annoying stun so many players seem to have. in my opinion a grapple stun setup is like the 3rd best setup on ron...but what do I know...Im just a DUMBnoob
I still dont know why so many load up on stun...it limits your npc options and your dead in the water against any1 with a deflector...I guess the chance at killing some1 who cant fight back because of your stun makes you feel like you have more skill than the other guy...smh