invasion drops

So my Corp hit and destroyed about 12 invasions this evening...in u2. U3.and u4...all various types...of 12 invasions...our whole fleet on managed ONE lousy uncommon drop. Two ships got destroyed in the process. THAT is completely not worth the time and effort put into taking down an invasion. Really unsatisfactory!!! Please make the invasions worth the effort to AT LEAST drop a single unc item per invasion kill. Otherwise they are not worth the effort at all. Ron ign: GypsyDanger

I agree we farmed through 3 diffrent unis and 10+ invas later we have 2 uc drops to show for. Then they were storages one was heal and the other resist. We lost 2 people for those can of drops? Can there be a increase on at least uc drops rate in the destruction of a invasion.

This game sure wants people to party up but doesn't properly reward groups for overcoming challenges. And I mean in all aspects not just invasions.

This issue was first voiced 6 months ago, strongly.
The response then was that this was the only place to get rift gear drops and to like it of don't bother. ..Invasions were mainly there to block movement not as a challenge to defeat as on tib. Basically I've not bothered and ceases to care about invy since the original tantrum.
Balance is still needed on ramping up reward (resources and drops) with difficulty in uni and dome perceived balance to invy which isn't game breaking.
However I completely agree that team play ought to be incentivised further with better rewards if that was spellbook wants:
Suggestion 1: a ramp up in resources earned for playing in a stack without a death which increases reward with higher uni?
Suggestion 2: Invasions drop several normal (non rift) uc gear just as npc do normally but with a chance of rare or higher rift item (rarity depending on uni)

Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to say I know(least i think i do) how their system regarding drops works. Ozzy, please correct me if I'm off, but I think that whenever we get a common drop, that drop, BEFORE we see it, has a chance to roll and become uncommon. In turn, it will then have a roll to determine if it becomes rare, then ultra rare, then leg, prec, and ulti.
However, if this is the case, then maybe what the solution could be is a lower required roll to change it over when the items drop for invasions.

Vralin

Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to say I know(least i think i do) how their system regarding drops works. Ozzy, please correct me if I'm off, but I think that whenever we get a common drop, that drop, BEFORE we see it, has a chance to roll and become uncommon. In turn, it will then have a roll to determine if it becomes rare, then ultra rare, then leg, prec, and ulti.
However, if this is the case, then maybe what the solution could be is a lower required roll to change it over when the items drop for invasions.

This is wrong. Every NPC has a chance to drop seven items. One for each rarity. Each item is its own separate roll.
Invasions have multiple chances per rarity. For instance you could loot four uncommons and one common. You could even potentially loot four ultimates from an invasion.

O thanks Cluub.
Well in THAT CASE,...wait, if the npc has a chance to drop seven items, and there's ONE per rarity...there's no way you could have 2 or more of the same rarity, unless the other items could change rarity, therefore you no longer have ONE per rarity. Also, invsions have a chance to drop over 100 items i thought...someone sid that in another thread, can't remember where.

nyway, if I'm getting confused over nothing and it's just a mental issue I'm not medicated for yet, then the solution would still be to lower the roll requirement on invasions.

Vralin

O thanks Cluub.
Well in THAT CASE,...wait, if the npc has a chance to drop seven items, and there's ONE per rarity...there's no way you could have 2 or more of the same rarity, unless the other items could change rarity, therefore you no longer have ONE per rarity. Also, invsions have a chance to drop over 100 items i thought...someone sid that in another thread, can't remember where.

True, invasions have a chance to drop multiple items per rarity, unlike normal NPCs that only have a chance to drop one per rarity. Each item rolls are independent of each other either way.

what breezu told you is wrong...you had it correct the first time
drop rolls with a chance at a higher rarity if you get that its like a different dice rolls with a chance at the next highest rarity
I dont remember where its at but ozy explained it somewhere on these forums already. and he never said there was a cretain amount of rarity drops...but he did say the highest lvl inv boss can drop up to like 157 items...so if all your dice line up you could be looking at 157 ultis...which would never happen...but still...leave it up to the roll of the dice