Prospector

I'be always felt that the prospector under performs when combared to its brother the alien hunter. Not only does the alien hunter benefit from + EPs at high rarities it also does extra damage to NPCs everywhere. Last time I checked NPCs were far more plentiful than asteroids giving it major advantages over prospector.
In the end I'd like to see prospector buffed a bit. I would like to suggest that at rare it reduces the ep cost of harvies by one (never dropping below zero) and at ultimate it would reduce ep cost of harvies by 5 (still not to go below zero). This would mean that at ultimate you could wear a common DCD without extra penalty to your setup and still farm asteroids in all their glory.
Basically it would make it affordable to wear big harvies alongside it.

That would make sense and is frankly farily awsome. We need a big change or else more ppl will loose intrest.

bigger ships can handle bigger harvesters...if you cant handle a 2 ep ulti dcd then u might wanna get a bigger ship or downgrade to a wp or hx. the prospector was buffed already...it gets a significant amount of resources now where months ago it got almost the same as without one. you already have the awesome luxury of not having a cooldown timer so roiding for resources isnt time consuming at all. and the alien hunter has the extra damage bonus because its what its name implies...used for hunting...the prospector is the same way...used for prospecting resources aided by harvesters to increase amount of resources per roid. what your basically asking for is more resources from prospector and extra ep freed up because u equipped it.
in my opinion its fine the way it is because if your farming solo with a prospector you get everything an alien hunter gets except for the damage increase plus extra resources from roiding
most gear items have a slight drawback to using them. the prospector has 0 drawbacks or negatives for using it. maybe to better the game we should add one...like a 5 second speed neg for equipping it...reducing the neg as rarity goes up.