Very Long Idea Thread

Hello there. My name is Aenllador, I'm sure anybody as of lately has seen me or alts flying around. I will be making my first thread about RoN in general, looking at its items, and how the progression goes. Ideas and thoughts will be put in, and SUMMARISED at the end. If you don't want to read the whole thread, look at the bottom for the "TLDR" (Too long didn't read) section.

First, Let's look at the start of the game. For the most part, a new player finds a corner they see fit, farm in hardcore, dying isn't really an issue since you will have uncommen gear and maybe a rare or two. They earth jump to get the next ship, check out auction and see what kind of build they can look forward to getting. The start is fine and shouldn't be changed.

Next, let's look at the mid levels. 30+. At this point, you will probably be farming solo or in group. The whole reason I am making this thread is to focus on GROUP activities. You can solo farm at 25-30, uni 3, but will find having to only fight one or two at a time unless you have good hull repair or stun chance. Crit chance also for those big heals. Until you get to 40-45, that's when you almost need to group. This stage is also fine. Find a few friends to on occasion go out and kill some aliens.

Let's look at the 40+ area. This point you almost need to farm uni 4+ for decent xp. 3 still gives some, but the rate isn't as good as what it used to be. This means if you want decent XP, you will need to group. This is fine, but the way that groups work needs to be reworked. Let's look at roles people can play, and what needs to be BUFFED.

First, let's look at the DPS. The DPS can either be AoE (Area of effect) or STD (Single target damage).

-The AoE consists of splash chance gear, computer, and so forth. Focused on dealing damage to many targets, while on occasion a heal will go out and heal many allies. This role is FINE how it is.

-The STD build consists of crit chance gear, any kind of weapon that supports crit chance and/or crit damage, probably both. Maybe a gambit or any sorts, a crit chance hull. This role is FINE how it is.

Next, let's look at the support roles. This is where the work needs to be DONE. We will take a look at both the TANK and HEALER(S).

-The tank item (Special) is probably one of the worst items in the game, for ONE single reason. There is no way to take AGGRO off your allies so that you take the damage. It's fine having a special for a TANK where you take 32% less damage but deal 50%ish less, but with no way to make it so that you are the one that is targeted more then the others? That makes the TANK role USELESS. There needs to be an increased chance to be attacked so this role and be used in groups, and therefore make the game more fun because then heals don't just go to your own ship, they will be more focused on the tank and an occasional switch of a heal to yourself / somebody else that is low. If this item can have more of a chance to be attacked, this item will be viable. MAYBE also a little additional armor on it, say 100 additional hull per tier (100 at commen, 200 at uncommen, 300 at rare, ect). This will make the item balanced and have it so the game is more interactive.

Now, we take a look at the HEALER. There are two different ways to do a healer right now. (It's expected to have a technician as your special) There is a SMALL AoE healer and STH (Single target heal) roles.

- SMALL AoE healer consists of splash gear just like the DPS, except also looks for weapons that give hull repair, and should also aim to have more health so they can heal the group more and have better survivability. This role probably also has some resist (Say stun resist) so the healer can keep the group healthy and not be stunned. This role is alright how it is.

- STH healer consists of crit chance gear just like the DPS, except also looks for weapons that gives crit chance, a hull that gives repair, a cabal tech, hold that gives crit chance, ect. This role is meant to heal a single target in large amounts to survive high crit enemies (Say uni 4+ invasions, they hit hard when they crit) so you need this kind of healer to be able to quickly heal that target back up immeditly so he does not get, say, get more hits and die quickly. This role is also FINE how it is.

The reason why I put healers in the group of "Needs improvement" is the fact that they recieve less XP and REWARDS than the other party memebers, while also being a very beneficial part to the team, maybe even more important then the DPS. My suggestion, to make this role more viable, is to make it so the target that was healed, or others, from the damage they do, the reward is slightly split to the healer. There will probably be another way to do this and look it over so that the rewards are balanced and to have the role as healer a viable progression system, the same as DPS. They don't have to get as much rewards, just enough so they can also progress. The same as the TANK in a sense, with reduced damage, and high focus on maximum hull instead of crit chance, he won't be dealing much damage.

There needs to be a way for both roles to recieve a little more reward so that they can be played, and made put into the viable category.

- ( TLDR) The healer role needs to be reworked to recieve more rewards then what it is, same as the tank except the tank special needs to be reworked to match what the tank does, draw aggro and take damage. The DPS roles are fine in what sense that they are.

If you disagree with me anywhere, that is completely fine, but please leave comments polite and kind.

IF ANY ADMINS / MODERATORS WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO ME IN PERSONAL TO ASK ABOUT ANYTHING, OR FOR ME TO FURTHER EXPAND ON WHAT I SAID, ADD ME ON SKYPE @ joseph.courchene1

Thank you for take the time to read this. I will except for admins/moderators to have questions, so then you contact me via what I said above.

-Sincerely, Aenllador

Wow ok prob not supposed to be in the tech support bit but hey. U bring up some valid points alright. I like being a tech but its not much fun being next to useless wif dmg and sucky xp. Drop rates seem same no matter how much dmg u do i think but dont quote me on that.
Seen a couple of ppl run tank sets but yer. Just delaying death not preserving anyones life dont see a use for them if they stay as they r. Wasted special slot right up there with shields. Thanks for the post hope others see this

Even on tib tech and tank users want to be rewarded with more xp...bad idea there and on ron...as always being a tech is a choice and you are not required to equip one...same with a tank. You shouldnt be given more when you chose to use the item. Besides a group of ships all with splash setups can easily survive without a tech or tank. In my well informed opinion BOTH of these specials on ron are almost entirely useless and should be given a complete reworking. Other than improving your top heal for the leaderboards with a tech or simply having the pleasure of sitting in an inv for extended periods with a tank...these specials are basically just entertainment specials
I find that if you wanna farm in uni 9 or 10 all you really need are a few basic ship builds
7k+ hulls
2.5 speed
1 or more dependable beam ships with 0 splash to stun any npc without deflector
All other ships in group 50+ splash and 0 stun chance
(i do not recommend stun chance for corp perk being used since deflected splash stuns will get the whole group killed)
and of course you will want to bring a few alien hunters and rams...both are great farming tools
The better your gear the fewer ships you will need to survive
Many say farming uni 10 is impossible and would require full ulti setups but that is entirely untrue. Maybe true for a uni 10 invasion but not for farming. I have farmed uni 10 with 7 ships and wasnt really challenged much. I couldnt stay up there long since most of my ships only had 5k hulls and couldnt handle multiple crits from a full stack of npc. I used 4 50+ splash ships with behemoths and ophidians with mostly leg or better gear 2 leg and prec beam ships and a full ulti crit ship with mi. Uni 7 and 8 were a cake walk...uni 9 had some nasty crits but manageable with 2 beams...uni 10 was awfully scary since i was in 5k hulls.
I have tried using a tech with full splash and it really isnt efficient enough to maintain a group in higher uni because if tech gets stunned no1 gets healed enough. I have also tried with a full crit setup and yeah it puts out a monster crit heal but cant save multiple ships with low hp
I have also tried using a tank but basically its a wasted gun in the stack and doesnt do any better than a crit tech
I have also tried using hooks to drag npc but having 1 or more ships stunned as you pull to the next sector can leave that stunned ship at the mercy of a full npc stack and the constant hook and pull is so tedious its not even worth the trouble

Hmm. Good insight. I enjoy a tech alt to help manage heal and break graps but that just me.
As for the uni 10 stuff been contemplating how to approach it. Seems like more hassle than its worth but dunno good points there ty.