Just busted a Uni5 Elite Pirate Invasion ZERO drops

Remember how we've been saying invasions suck here? Well we finally popped at uni5 with an elite stronghold and the kill shot was made with a precursor alien hunter. ZERO drops. Not even an uncommon. I understand that it's random but what use is an invasion other than to wreck your gear?

They have a lot of loot roll chances, which are all random.
They are not guaranteed wins every time, any more than you're guaranteed to win SpaceBall rolls every time.
Invasion NPCs are the only things which drop Rift-strength items, besides the coin menu gambles. I don't know if that makes it worth it to players or not.
Invasions serve a different purpose in RON than in TIB. They are meant to be a persistent and dynamic threat which keeps the game interesting.

Like most npcs, they aren't programmed to win. If they were they would be unbeatable. but they are programmed to win, with certain inhibitions. such as their own slow speed.
Dropwise...okay, maybe for a uni5 invy you should get some good drops. but i busted a uni2 weak seed only a while back and we got two unc rift hulls. just takes a lil effort to get some of the most powerful items the game has to offer.
Alien hunters don't hurt.