A Critical strike increases damage or repair total by 100% or more!
When a successful hit occurs (Attacker does not Miss), the chance to inflict Critical Damage is defined as:
- C = Attacker's Critical Chance
- R = Target's Critical Resist
- Chance to Critical = C / (R+100)
The actual chance that any weapon discharge will result in a Critical strike is increased by the Attacker's Hit Chance, and reduced by the Target's chance to cause a Miss (see: Evasion).
When a successful Critical Strike occurs, the minimum and maximum damage of the attacker's weapon is multiplied by: (2 + Critical Damage Modifier). For example:
- Attacker's Minimum Damage = 50
- Attacker's +Critical Damage Modifier is 20%
- Attacker's Critical Damage Minimum = 50 * 2.20 = 110
- Attacker's Critical Damage Maximum = 110 * 2 = 220
Repairs may also Critical just like attacks.
Both use the Critical Chance and Critical Bonus stat in their calculations.