Items in Rings of Night come with limited durability. An item's durability rating is represented as a percentage from 1% to 100%.
When a player dies, the durability of all equipped items is reduced. When an item reaches 0% durability, it is destroyed.
- If Hardcore Mode is turned ON, all equipped items lose 4% Durability
- If Hardcore Mode is turned OFF, all equipped items lose 2% Durability.
An Item can have its durability restored with Item Repair.
- EXCEPTION: Skip Drives cannot be repaired
Damaged items have significant price discounts for their Engineering Costs.
When a player's ship is destroyed in PvP, a single equipped Item's durability can be reduced by an extra 1% if:
- The target ship has at least one Item of Legendary Rarity equipped
- The killer ship has at least one Item of a lower Rarity than the target's highest-Rarity equipped item
If item durability theft occurs:
- A random qualifying equipped item of the target ship will lose 5% Durability
- All other equipped items of the target ship will lose 4% Durability
- A random qualifying equipped item of the killer ship will gain 1% Durability