Grapple allows a player to control the movement of an NPC or an enemy player's Ship. When a player or NPC has been grappled by an enemy ship, his ship's tile will appear yellow. A player can drag a grappled ship by jumping to a connected sector.
Grappling and Dragging
- Chance to GRAPPLE anything on any Damage (splash included)
- Moving to another sector will drag grappled targets there as well
- Ships CAN be dragged on/off of Garrisons or Planets
Grapple Chance and Resist
When a player attacks and successfully hits or grazes the target, there is a random dice roll to determine whether the attack will result in a Grapple. The Range of the dice roll is from 1 to the Target's Grapple Resist plus 100. If the result of the roll is less than the Attacker's Grapple Chance, then the Target will be Grappled. The Chance to Grapple formula (assuming Hit or Graze) is defined as:
- C = Attacker's Grapple Chance
- R = Target's Grapple Resist
Chance to Grapple = C / (100+R)
When an attacker successfully Grapples an enemy and drags them to another sector:
- Target's movement cooldown is set to 5 seconds if attacker is a player, or 7 if an NPC
- Target's Follow Mode is suspended. They must move back to their leader, or the leader must come pick them up.
Counters to Grapple
The following events will break a Ship from an enemy's Grapple