The Auction House is an in-game market where players can buy, sell, and auction items. The market can accessed by tapping on your ship, and then selecting the Auction button.
- The Auction House can only be used to buy and sell items with an Item Rarity uncommon or better.
- Common items are not considered valuable, and can be found at StarPorts instead of the market.
- Low Durability items (under 15%) cannot be sold on Auction.
All auction activity is done out of a player's Bank.
- Items must be placed inside the bank to be sold on the auction house.
- Items purchased on the auction house can be retrieved from the player's bank.
Searching for Items
The Search interface can be accessed by tapping on the Search button.
Searching for rare armor.
- The entire list of items can be searched through by swiping up and down.
- By selecting the INFO button, you can preview what upgraded versions of that item would look like by using Engineering.
- Tapping on the WATCH button that item to your Watch List.
Bidding and Buyouts
There are two ways to buy and sell items on the market:
- Bidding - For the duration of the auction you can place Bids on an item.
- Once the auction timer expires, the highest bidder wins the item.
- If you are outbid on an item, the credits are immediately returned to your account.
- Players can use Personal History (:ph) Chat Commands to track and monitor recent auction transactions.
- Buyout Credits - Sellers can place a buyout price on an item. Whoever pays that price immediately wins that item.
- Buyout BlackDollars - Sellers can place a buyout price on an item. Customers can choose to spend BlackDollars (1000 credits = 1 BD) to purchase the item.
- The seller receives credits as payment, NOT BlackDollars
To begin selling an item, tap the Bank Button on your ship's menu. This brings up a list of item categories inside your personal Bank.
- Select the desired item category by tapping on it.
- Tap on the item you wish to sell on Auction and press the Auction Button.
- Set the starting bid price for the item by tapping the Set Bid Button and entering the desired amount.
- Set the starting buyout price for the item by tapping the Set Buyout Button and entering the desired maximum price.
- It is not necessary to set a buyout price. If you don't set one, the highest bidder will win the auction once it is over.
An auction's duration is dependent upon the item's rarity. The more rare an item is, the longer it will be up for players to bid on!
If an auction does not have any bids once its duration has expired, it will be returned to your bank.
Once the item has been put on the Auction House, you can monitor its progress from the main Auction Screen by tapping the My Auctions Button.