Computers are ship-specific equipment that allow players to fine-tune their ship's setup. However, all computers come with stat penalties in other areas. These penalties can be reduced or removed by obtaining higher-rarity versions.
There are two general types of computers; Regular and Advanced.
- Regular Computers are found as NPC drops and can appear in StarPorts.
- Advanced Computers can be claimed (and upgraded) with Combat Points or obtained as Hardcore Mode rewards.
There are four versions (Mk.I-IV) of each type of regular computers. Each version has the same stat bonus, but they differ in their penalties.
There are three versions (Tech I-III) of each type of advanced computers. As the version increases, so does the stat bonuses, but the penalties remain the same (e.g. a Tech I has the same penalties as a Tech III).
Computers can be upgraded with Item Engineering.
- The version (Mk or Tech) of a computer cannot be changed with Engineering.
- Changing the ship-type of a computer does not affect a computer's stat bonuses or penalties.
A full database of Computers can be accessed through The Infinite Black Leaderboard. Click Equipment --> Computer.
- Agent Mk. I-IV computers provide bonuses to Evasion
- Agent Tech computers provide bonuses to Evasion and EquipPoints.
- Cabal Mk. I-IV computers provide bonuses to Critical Hit Chance.
- Cabal Tech computers provide bonuses to Critical Hit Chance and EquipPoints.
- Drone Mk. I-IV computers provide bonuses to Splash Chance.
- Drone Tech computers provide bonuses to Splash Chance and EquipPoints.
- Havok Mk. I-IV computers provide bonuses to Hit Chance and Movement Speed.
- Havok Tech computers provide bonuses to Hit Chance, Movement Speed, and EquipPoints.
- Sage Mk. I-IV computers provide bonuses to Experience Gains.
- Sage Tech computers provide bonuses to Experience Gains and EquipPoints.
- Toil Mk. I-IV computers provide bonuses to EquipPoints.
- Toil Tech computers provide bonuses to Damage Reduction and give a large amount of EquipPoints.
- Warrior Mk. I-IV computers provide bonuses to overall Damage.
- Warrior Tech computers provide bonuses to overall Damage and EquipPoints.
Upgrading Advanced Computers
Advanced (Tech) Computers can be upgraded from Tech I to Tech II, or from Tech II to Tech III by redeeming Combat Points. In order to upgrade an Advanced Computer, it must be equipped on your ship.
- Upgrading from a Tech I Computer to a Tech II costs 10,000 Combat Points.
- Upgrading from a Tech II Computer to a Tech III costs 15,000 Combat Points.
What happens when I upgrade my Advanced Computer?
- Rarity of your item is retained. If you had a Legendary Cabal Tech I equipped, you will have a Legendary Cabal Tech II equipped.
- The attribute bonuses provided by the Advanced Computer will be increased slightly
- Your new computer will provide an additional EquipPoint
- The penalties (if any) associated with your Computer will not change