Dying in The Infinite Black
From The Infinite Black Wiki
You're going to die!
The universe is a cold, brutal place where death and strife are the only true constants. In such a world your grizzly end is not only inevitable, but imminent.
You are going to die. A lot.
Normal Account Death Penalties
- All standard deaths, no matter what the circumstances, will result in equipped gear taking Durability damage.
- Equipped items with a durability of 25% or lower can be stolen via Item Theft by enemy players.
- When an item reaches 0% durability, it will be destroyed.
- Deaths caused by NPCs will result in a 5% durability loss.
- Deaths caused by enemy players will result in a 5% durability loss.
- Being killed by an NPC with an hostile player in the sector counts as a PVP death.
- Resources in Storage will be dumped into the sector in which a player dies.
- All deaths have a small credit repair fee. The bigger the ship, the larger the repair fee.
- When a ship is destroyed, the player is sent to Earth and is fully repaired.
Hardcore Account Death Penalties
- 20% durability loss on all equipped items.
- Equipped items with a durability of 20% or less are destroyed
- Items with durability between 21% and 25% might be stolen! (See: Item Theft)
- All Inventory and equipped items that are not destroyed or stolen are dumped into the current sector when a hardcore account dies
- The ship currently being used is destroyed.
- All experience is lost and the account is reset to Level 0.1.
- When a ship is destroyed, the player is sent to a random sector.
- Credits, Black Dollars, banked items, and unequipped ships are NOT lost.