From The Infinite Black Wiki
Revision as of 14:24, 20 December 2013 by Ozymandias
Earth is a neutral planet located in the middle of the map (sector 40/40).
- Earth only sells Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Cruiser, and Battleship ships.
- Earth cannot be terraformed.
There is always a StarPort at Earth.
- Earth is currently a really unpleasant place. People didn't pay attention to the scientist's warning about global warming. Ecologies collapsed, plains turned into deserts, and people starved.
- Mega-corporations were allowed to run amok with minimal regulations, which didn't help the situation. Profit over people!
- The world economy collapsed, and the only organizations that really survived were the mega-corporations. Governments, entire nations became completely marginalized, if not disappearing entirely.
- Realizing that Earth wasn't the best place to make a buck, the Corporations developed advanced space-faring technologies.
- They first colonized the moon and began harvest enormous amounts of resources. They later moved to Mars, the Asteroid Belt, and then to moons on the Outer Planets.
- Eventually, Jump Technology was developed. The Corporation that first discovered it claimed they did it entirely on their own, but rumors abound that they actually found it in on a Wyrd (or even Precursor!) wreck.
- Corporations went interstellar. They located, terraformed, and colonized planets. They then used those resources to further strengthen their corporations personal space fleets.
Developer's Lore Note
- Earth's primary export to the stars comes in the form of colonists.
- Incidentally, the average age of Earth's population is surprisingly young, and oddly lacking in a prison system.