From The Infinite Black Wiki
Revision as of 17:51, 10 September 2013 by Amcilla
Item Engineering Basics
The Android client Engineering window.
- Reasoning: The Infinite Black has an open and free economy that is determined entirely by players. If engineering used credits, it would forever define the BD:Credit conversion rate, and thus limit the in-game economy.
- Black Dollars can easily be purchased from other players with Credits
There are some restrictions to what items can be engineered, and how:
- An item must be uncommon Item Rarity or higher.
- Common items and items with 1% Durability cannot be engineered.
- Items of ultimate rarity can be ranked up or down in size, but cannot be augmented.
- Items with EquipPoints (size) values of 1 cannot be ranked down to size 0.
- Augmentation is the process that increases an item's rarity.
- Example: an uncommon Storage III can be augmented to a rare Storage III.
- Increasing an item's rarity increases its stats and reduces its size by 1.
- It is possible to augment a Size 1 item to a Size 0 item.
- Example: an uncommon Burst Cannon II (size 1) can be augmented to a rare Burst Cannon II (size 0).
- Ranking increases or decreases the size of Weapons, Armor, and Storage.
- You cannot Rank Down an item to a Size 0.
- You can Rank Up a Size 0 item to Size 1.
- Ranking can be used to adjust the Ship Types of Computers and Specials.
- Example: a Toil computer (flagship) can be ranked up to a Toil (flayer), and then to a Toil (executioner)
Some ship classes share Computer and Specials: