EquipPoints is The Infinite Black's method of providing space on your ship to equip gear. Every item has its own EquipPoint value - that is: the number of EquipPoints it takes to equip a certain item - and each ship has its own number of EquipPoints available.
- Shuttle: 3
- Corvette: 4
- Frigate: 5
- Destroyer: 6
- Cruiser: 7
- Battleship: 8
- Dreadnought: 9
- Titan: 10
- Flagship: 11
- Carrier: 11
- Wyrd Invader: 11
- Flayer: 12
- Wyrd Assassin: 12
- Executioner: 13
- Wyrd Reaper: 13
- Devastator: 14
- Despoiler: 16
- Annihilator: 18
- Wyrd Terminus: 19
At no time can the number of EquipPoints used by your equipped gear exceed the number of available EquipPoints. If this happens, some gear will be automatically unequipped.
Weapons, Armors, Storage Boxes and Harvesters generally require some available EquipPoints in order to equip them. Engines, Specials and Computers do not require any available EquipPoints.
- For Weapons, Armors, and Storage Boxes
- For Harvesters
- Pirate Harvesters (LCD) begin at 2 EquipPoints
- Heteroclite Harvesters (HX) begin at 3 EquipPoints
- Wyrd Empire Harvesters (WP) begin at 4 EquipPoints
- Rift Harvesters (DCD) begin at 5 EquipPoints
- The Version of the Harvester (V1, V2 ... V11, V12) does not affect the number of EquipPoints
- For every two increases in Rarity. the number of EquipPoints required decreases by 1.