There are many different Item Types in The Infinite Black.
The power of items are determined by their rank and Item Rarity.
- Ranks determine the size and power of any given item class.
- a common Auto Cannon I weapon is smaller and less powerful than a common Auto Cannon II.
- There are 30 different ranks for all types of Weapons, Armor, and Storage.
- Each item Rank increases its size by 1.
- Item ranks allow you to be flexible with your equipment setup for your ships.
- Some item types, such as Computers and Specials are ranked by ship types.
- These items have a size of 0, and can be used without sacrificing EquipPoints that would otherwise go to weapons, armor, and storage.
- The abilities of computers and specials of the same class do not change when the ship type is different.
- Item Rarity also increases the power of items.
- Improving rarity increases an item's stats more than ranking it.
- Each time Rarity is increased, the size of the item is reduced by 1.
- a common Auto Cannon I has a size of 1, but an uncommon Auto Cannon I has a size of 0 and has much better stats overall.
- The rarer an item is, the higher the level required to equip it.
- As long as an item is not "common" its rank and rarity can be manipulated with planetary Engineering.
This is a Common Rarity Pulvierzier, rank II, with a size of 2, and Durability of 100%.
This is a Legendary Rarity Nullcannon , rank XIV, with a size of 10, and Durability of 100%.
All items have Durability. Durability represents the state of damage done to that item.
Loss of item durability is the major penalty for Dying in The Infinite Black.
- Dying to an NPC reduces durability on all equipped items by 5% each.
- Being killed in PvP to another player reduces durability on all equipped items by 10% each.
- If you are killed by an NPC with an Enemy Player in the sector, it counts as a PVP death.
- If an item is under 25% durability, it can be stolen by another player by Item Theft when you die.
- Items that are not "common" rarity can be repaired using planetary Engineering.