Experience and Level Bonuses
Earning Experience Points
- Equipping Harvesters gives more XP per harvest. Prospector Specials increase experience earned even more!
- Mind Surge, a bonus purchasable with Black Dollars on The Black Dollar Menu doubles experience gains.
- Hardcore Mode accounts earn experience points four times as fast as regular accounts
Basic Experience Rules
- Once a player obtains level 15, he will no longer earn experience in Grey sectors.
- All attackers split experience based on how much damage they did.
- XP gain for a kill is based on NPC strength.
- The more Hull Points an NPC has, the more experience it will provide when destroyed.
- If a Fighter kills something, it treats it as the owner's kill.
- A player's ship type does not affect experience earned.
- Levels are tied to the player and not the ship -- changing ships doesn't affect a player's level.
- After reaching level 25, experience earned is reduced by 0.2% per level. (Non-Hardcore accounts only)
Black Dollar Rewards for Leveling
- Every five levels starting at level 10 are considered "anniversary levels" and players get free Black Dollars for reaching them!
- Players do not get Black Dollars at level 5.
- At level 10, players get 10 Black Dollars
- At level 15, players get 30 Black Dollars
- At level 20 and every following anniversary level, players earn (Level x 3) Black Dollars.
- For every 10 levels earned, a player's Corporation is also rewarded with (Level x 1) Black Dollars.
- These Black Dollars are deposited directly into corporation banks.
Increasing levels enhances an accounts passive Stats and Abilities. The stat bonuses are not affected by the ship used.
- 1 hull point is added every 33.3% of a level
- Every 5 Levels adds +1 to Minimum/Maximum Damage
Critical Hit Chance Bonus
- Every Level adds 0.05% Critical Strike chance
Splash Damage Chance Bonus
- Every Level adds 0.05% Splash Damage chance
- Every Level adds 0.1% Evasion chance
To Hit Bonus
- Every Level adds 0.1% To Hit chance
Level Formula and Chart
Level = (-3.5 + sqrt(12.25 - 2 * (-4 - XP / 10))) / 10;
- Level 1 at 810 XP
- Level 2 at 2,660 XP
- Level 3 at 5,510 XP
- Level 4 at 9,360 XP
- Level 5 at 14,210 XP
- Level 10 at 53,460 XP
- Level 15 at 117,710 XP
- Level 20 at 206,960 XP
- Level 25 at 321,210 XP
- Level 30 at 460,460 XP
- Level 35 at 624,710 XP
- Level 40 at 813,960 XP
- Level 45 at 1,028,210 XP
- Level 50 at 1,267,460 XP
- Level 60 at 1,820,960 XP
- Level 70 at 2,474,460 XP
- Level 80 at 3,227,960 XP
- Level 90 at 4,081,460 XP
- Level 100 at 5,034,960 XP