Destroying and defending garrisons are the goals for Alliance vs Alliance PVP, utilizing the Garrison Engagements system.
Players are rewarded with Combat Points for destroying enemy ships and successfully completing engagements.
- There must be at least 10 attackers equipped with quality items eligible for Combat Points.
- A countdown timer will alert both attackers and defenders that an Engagement is about to begin.
- Defense Platforms and Intradictors will deploy from the Garrison
- When the enemy Garrison is destroyed, the engagement will end.
- If an Alliance Planet exists, they both must be destroyed.
- Enemy ships do not need to be destroyed.
- After an engagement, the sector will be locked down for some amount of time.
- Garrisons may not be deployed during this lockdown time.
- Fleet combat can happen during the lockdown.
- A garrison engagement fails if the garrison is not destroyed in the allocated time.
- All attackers are expelled to an adjacent empty sector and stunned for 20 seconds.
- The defending garrison is locked-down by +3 minutes for each attacker killed during the failed engagement.
Garrison Technology has many options that enhance a garrison's defensive capabilities.
- Engagement Length: 220 Seconds
- Defense Tactics Technology reduces time by 20 Seconds
- Max Attackers: 15
- Max Defenders: 10 + 3 Offline Defenders
- Offline Defenders fully repair before and after combat. They always attack the lowest hull attacker
- The Garrison will always attacks all enemies in sector at the same time
- Defense Platforms targets lowest hull attacker
- Intradictors target the strongest ship
- Planet targets highest hull attacker
- 6 Defense Platforms spawn, or 7 with Advanced Defense Technology
- Ships remain online during an active Engagement (even by logging off or disconnecting)
- Corp Jump and Earth Jump warm-ups are set to 60 seconds during an active engagement.