Grey Server is designed to bring the best of the best to a single Game World. Players can either start a brand new character, or can Transfer a character from one of the other Servers.
Grey Server Rules and Features
- "Fast Leveling" XP Bonus (at least +10%)
- "Fast Leveling" Garrison Research Bonus
- Space Lanes
- 200-player Corporation member cap
- 8-Corporation Alliance member cap
- 7-second Carrier Fleet Leadership Bonus (3.5 seconds with HyperDrive)
Character Transfer to Grey Server
- Each account has the option to transfer a character from Red, Blue, or Green server.
- This is not a merger! This is an optional move of your character!
- There is no deadline to move your character; if you want to continue to develop your character on your original server, feel free to do so
- When you type :TRANSFER into chat, the character you're playing will be permanently moved to Grey server.
- If you do this while playing on Red Server, your character will be moved from Red Server to Grey Server.
- This will overwrite any character already on Grey server!
- This will prevent you from transferring your character from another Server
- If Player1 transfers from Red Server to Grey Server, he will be unable to transfer Player1 from Blue Server to Grey Server.
- Characters on other servers will be unaffected
- You will be placed in the Corporation you were in on the server from which your transferred (more on this below)
Game Progress Transferred
When you transfer from one server to Grey, your Game Progress will transfer too!
- XP Gained
- Player Level
- Unlocked Ships
- Equipped Items
- Items in your Inventory
- Items in your Item Bank
- Combat Points
- Map Exploration
- BlackDollar Consumables
Please note: BlackDollars and Reward Points can be redeemed or traded on any Server.
Game Progress Reset
Some statistical scoreboards will be not be transferred. Instead, they'll remain as part of your legacy on your original Server. These include, but are not limited to:
- PvP Rating
- Top Critical
- Garrison Kills
- Garrison Defenses
Corporations on Red Server, Blue Server, and Green Server will be automatically copied from their original Servers to Grey Server.
- Corporations will be placed in the alliance in which they were on their original Servers
- All Garrison Research will be maintained on BOTH Grey Server and the original Server
- Garrisons will not be deployed
- Items in the Corporation Garrison Item Bank will NOT be copied
- Items must be withdrawn from the Garrison by a player before that player transfers his character to Grey Server
- Credits and BlackDollars in the Corporation Bank will NOT be copied
- Credits and BlackDollars must be withdrawn from the Corporation Bank by a player before that player transfers his character to Grey Server
- Corporations with more than 200 members will not be restricted from accepting players that transfer from the original server
- Corporations with more than 200 members will not be able to invite new members
- Corporations with more than 200 members will not be able to re-invite members who leave the Corporation for any reason
- Corporations will have the option to change their names ONCE for FREE
- IMPORTANT: Corporations that have no members transferred to Grey may be subject to Corporation Purging
Your Character and Your Corporation
- When you transfer to Grey your character will be placed in the Corporation you were in on the server from which your transferred
- You will hold the same rank in the Grey Corporation as you held on your original server
- EXCEPTION: If you change corporations after the corporations are copied to Grey Server, you will be placed in your NEW corporation as a RECRUIT, no matter what your rank is on your original server
- EXCEPTION: If you are promoted in your corporation after it is copied to Grey, you will go back to your previous rank and will need to be promoted again on Grey Server
- NOTE: If you are demoted in your corporation after it is copied to Grey, you will keep the current (lower) rank on Grey Server
Alliances on Red Server, Blue Server, and Green Server will automatically be copied from their original Servers to Grey Server.
- Alliances will have the same member corporations as they did on the original Servers
- All Terraforming progress will be maintained on BOTH Grey Server and the original Server
- Alliance Planets will not be deployed
- IMPORTANT: Alliances with no active Corporations may be subject to Alliance Purging
Frequently Asked Questions
Grey Server Rules
Q: How much is the "Fast Leveling Bonus" for XP Gain?
- A: +10% XP.
Q: How much is the "Fast Leveling Bonus" for Garrison Research and Planet Terraforming?
- A: +10% RU.
Q: What are Space Lanes?
- A: Space Lanes are 8 straight paths extending from Earth in all directions designed to make traversing the map faster.
Q: What is the Maximum Speed of a Carrier?
- A: Carriers themselves can be geared to move at 2.5 seconds with HyperDrive ON.
Q: What is the Maximum Speed of a Ship following a Carrier?
- A: If geared for it, any ship can move at 2.5 seconds with HyperDrive ON. If not geared for it, Ships following a Carrier can move as fast as 3.5 seconds with HyperDrive ON.
Transferring from Other Servers
Q: How many alternate characters can I transfer?
- A: Transfer as many as you'd like, once each. You just need to decide if they're transferring from Red, Blue, or Green.
Q: Are BlackDollars and Reward Points still accessible across all servers, including Grey?
- A: Yes.
Q: If I transfer my character from Red, what will happen to it on Red?
- A: It will be reset as if you had never logged into Red before.
Q: If I transfer my character from Red, what will happen to it on Blue and Green?
- A: Nothing. You can continue to play those characters as if nothing happened.
Q: If I play Grey as a new player, can I, later on, transfer from Blue Server?
- A: Yes; your progress on Grey will be overwritten and your Blue character will be reset.
Q: If my corporation already has 200 members, will I be placed in my corporation when I transfer?
- A: Yes. You can still transfer from your original server into your corporation on Grey, even if it already has 200 members.
Q: If a Corporation has more than 200 members after everyone transfers, what will happen?
- A: Nothing, but the Corporation will not be able to :INVITE new players.
Q: If an alliance has more than 8 corporations in it, will some corporations be automatically kicked from the alliance?
- A: No. The alliance just won't be able to :ALLIANCEINVITE any additional corporations.
Q: My spouse and I both play. Will we both be able to transfer our characters?
- A: Yes, as long as you play under separate names.
Q: If I transfer from Red, and then try to transfer the same account from Blue, what will happen?
- A: Your character from Red will be transferred. Then you won't be able to transfer from Blue.
Q: How much time do I have before I have to make a decision to transfer to Grey?
- A: There are no plans to close the existing servers. Play there as long as you like.
Q: Will new players be allowed to join Red, Blue and Green Servers?
- A: Yes.