Grey Sectors surround Earth, and are located in the center of The Map and Game World. They exist to give new players a safe place to play and learn the basics of The Infinite Black. There are approximately 200 Grey Sectors in the game.
- Weak NPCs can be found for new players to hunt
- PVP is disabled
- If a player enters a grey sector from black sectors, he will remain PVP-flagged for 30 seconds.
- If a player attacks a PVP-flagged enemy while in grey sectors, he will become PVP-flagged himself for at least 30 seconds.
- If a player repairs a PVP-flagged ally while in grey sectors, he will become PVP-flagged himself for at least 30 seconds.
- Invasions cannot occur
- Garrisons and Planets owned by player Corporations and Alliances cannot be deployed
- -XP% Gain items (Computers) do not function in Grey sectors.
In order to help preserve the in-game economy several checks have been implemented to determine whether your character is truly a new player or is an "Experienced Captain." Players that are labeled an "experienced captain" cannot earn resources or experience in Grey Sectors. A player will be deemed an "experienced captain" if:
- His character reaches Level 15
- His character is associated with other characters that have earned Levels between 0 and 15.
You can read more about of Grey-Sector farming restrictions here: Grey farming.
If you believe your character has been inappropriately labeled an "Experienced Captain," please contact the Staff at [email protected] with a list of ALL of your accounts.