From The Infinite Black Wiki
Revision as of 13:07, 14 November 2014 by Amcilla
There are 7 general item types in The Infinite Black.
- Weapons - determines how much damage your ship does to enemy ships and how often each attack occurs.
- Armor - the hull of your ship which greatly influences how many Hull Points (HP) you have, as well as affecting your jump/movement speed.
- Storage - the cargo hold of your ship which allows you to carry around more resources.
- Engines - primarily affects movement speed and movement capabilities, including stealth technology.
- Engines do not have ranks or ship-type requirements
- Computers - allows for customization of a ship's stats, but with some penalties in other stats.
- Advanced (Tech) Computers have more bonuses and less penalties, but can only be obtained with Combat Points.
- Some computers have EquipPoints bonuses, which let you use even bigger weapons, armor, or storage.
- All computers are ship-specific (i.e. a Toil computer for Shuttles can only be used in Shuttles, and not Battleships).
- Harvesters - increase asteroid harvesting efficiency, as well as providing some minor stat bonuses.
- Harvesters do not have ranks or ship-type requirements
- Specials - greatly affects what the ship does and how it behaves in combat. This allows you to take on specific combat roles, such as repairing, tanking, or dealing even more damage.
- Advanced Specials provide large stat bonuses to specific stats, as well as providing large EquipPoint bonuses.
- All specials are ship-specific.
Items can be acquired many different ways:
- Loot drops by killing NPCs
- Found on StarPorts
- Bought on the Auction House
- Claimed by using Reward Points (RP)
- Claimed with Combat Points (CP)
- Hardcore Mode rewards
- Contest Prizes
Item Rank, Ship Type, and Item Rarity can be changed using Engineering