PVP is short for "Player vs Player."
The Infinite Black is built around balanced PVP engagements between small groups of players.
That being said, 1 vs 1 fights and huge Fleet vs Fleet battles are commonplace.
- Alliances are groups of Corporations.
- All members of an Alliance are friendly with one another, and enemies to all members of other Alliances.
Garrison Engagements are the basis for structured Alliance vs Alliance PVP.
- Groups of 15 attackers try to destroy Garrisons owned by competing Alliances.
- Up to 10 defenders try to stop the attackers from destroying their Garrisons.
When defeating enemies in fair fights, players earn Combat Points.
- Combat Points can be traded in for rare and powerful equipment and ships
Players also gain or lose PVP Rating when engaging in PVP combat.
- PVP Ratings can be used to indicate a player's prowess at PVP
- PVP Ratings decay over time, so it's important to be engage in PVP frequently to maintain ratings.
- The PVP Rating system offers no bonuses or penalties, it is entirely there for bragging rights.