Play on the PC and Mac
Using an Emulator to play The Infinite Black is no longer necessary. Download the PC, Mac, and Linux clients from http://www.spellbook.com/tib.
There are several Emulators you can use to play The Infinite Black on PC. BlueStacks is the most popular because it's easy to use and it's free.
- Go to http://www.bluestacks.com
- Download the software and install it.
- After setting up the software, BlueStacks will direct you to the App Store.
- Search for The Infinite Black and install it.
- Sometimes BlueStacks has problems Installing or "Loading," the easiest solution is to reboot your computer. Sometimes opening Windows Task Manager and ending BlueStacks processes will work, too.
- The BlueStacks Alpha client is very lightweight and sometimes works better than Beta for some users.
- The Alpha client requires you download and install The Infinite Black manually.
What do you need:
- A PC running any version of Windows XP or up.
- note: you might need Windows installer 4.5 for pre-Windows 7 versions of windows from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8483
- note: you might need the .NET framework 2 SP2 from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1639
- An internet connection for your PC.
- A little time and patience.
If you follow the following steps you should be running TIB on your PC within 10 minutes.
- Download Bluestacks for Windows:
- Latest Alpha version: http://www.mediafire.com/?g1b4d2x89rkhx41
- Run the installer.
- After installation you should have a shortcut on your desktop called BlueStacks App Player
- We now have to make a shortcut on the desktop to make APK installation possible.
- For Windows X64, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueStacks
- For Windows X32, go to C:\Program Files\BlueStacks
- Create a shortcut for the HD-ApkHandler.exe application, and move that onto your desktop.
- Go to The Infinite Black General Forum and download the latest game version (Sticky Post)
- Each time there is a The Infinite Black client update, you will need to repeat this step
- After download, extract the APK onto your desktop, and drag-and-drop the APK file on the HD-ApkHandler.exe shortcut on your desktop.
- It should say "installing APK"
- When done it should say something like "Application installed successfully"
- Now click on the BlueStacks App Player link and follow the instructions as shown.
- When you see The Infinite Black icon, Click it, and your game login screen should be visible in moments....