Rift Jump transports a player from Normal Space to The Rift.
The Rift Jump ability is accessed in The BlackDollar Menu.
Tapping on the Jump the Rift button activates the ability, and it costs 2 BlackDollars to use.
Rift Jump Warm-up Time
Once activated, the ship's Jump Engines takes some time to initiate before the Rift Jump happens.
- Outside of combat, it takes 3 seconds.
- While in combat, it takes (Ship Base Movement Speed (with HyperDrive turned OFF) x 1.5) seconds.
- e.g. A ship with 12 seconds movement speed (or, 6 seconds with HyperDrive turned ON) takes 18 seconds to Rift Jump while in combat.
- During an engagement, Rift Jump takes 60 seconds
Rift Jump Destination
When Rift Jump completes, the player is immediately transported a Sector in the parallel map with the same coordinates as the Sector from which he Rift Jumped. For Example:
- A player executing a Rift Jump from Earth will be transported to Rift Sector 40/40
- A player executing a Rift Jump from Rift Sector 23/21 will be transported to Sector 23/21 in Normal Space
Rift Jump Disruptions
Certain map disruptions will prevent players from executing a Rift Jump. A disruption will occur if any of the following exists in the destination sector:
Canceling a Rift Jump
A Rift Jump can be cancelled by:
- Long-Pressing the Earth Jump icon on the map screen
- Tapping the Earth Jump button in the Ship Actions screen
- Tapping the Corp Jump button in the Ship Actions screen
- Moving to a connected Sector