TIB v2.0 (Unity) Tutorial
Welcome to The Infinite Black!
The Infinite Black is about power: money, loot, and destroying opponents!
- Fleet-up with friends to defend territory and attack enemy strongholds!
- Live as a privateer on the fringes of space, trading and exploring!
- Spy and deceive your enemies!
- Forge powerful corporations to dominate the universe.
You are the captain of a starship! Your immediate mission is to earn wealth, upgrade your ship, and meet friends along the way!
Each captain's ship is displayed in the lists on the right side of the screen:
Ship nameplates include: Name, Level, Ship Health, Ship Type, and Corporation
If your Ship's Health reaches zero, you will die.
Level-up by destroying aliens and pirates to earn Experience (XP)! Levels unlock better items, ships, health, and damage bonuses.
The Universe is made up of connected Sectors your ship can jump between.
- Tap on a nearby Sector to plot a course
- The path your ship will follow will be highlighted
- Each jump will take several seconds (“Movement Cooldown”)
Modify your jump speed with different ships and equipment, such as Engines.
- Once you plot a course press the “GO!” button! Your ship will move automatically.
- Blue Sectors are safe. No combat is allowed.
- Grey sectors are safe from Player vs Player combat and is the “newbie” hunting area.
- Black sectors are dangerous, and anything goes!
- Red Sectors are invasions with powerful aliens or pirates and designed for groups.
You will quickly discover aliens and pirates as you begin to explore!
Tapping on the enemy ship will start the auto-attack process.
Long-pressing will start the auto-attack process and will make your ship auto-follow your victim if he tries to run away from you.
The timer displayed on your target is how long until your next attack.
Your target will be destroyed when its health reaches zero, earning you loot, resources, and XP!
When your Ship's hull takes damage, you need to repair it or you will die!
Your ship stores Metal Resources dropped by enemies. Each Metal repairs 150 health.
Long-press your ship (or an ally's ship) to repair with Metals.
StarPorts are shops which buy and sell things. They can also repair your hull for Credits.
Joining a player-run Corporation is one of the most important things a new captain can do once getting his bearings inside the game.
It's likely you will get requests to join early in your career. So, join one as soon as possible!